OMG!!! Are you kidding me? Not really 🙂
Got the first part of this from my dear bro – Segs, and can’t help but share….whoever compiled this is definitely talented, and of course spurred my talented special peeps at sending me theirs when I originally sent out a broadcast message on WhatsApp…… Azzin……Naijas got talent 🙂 Enjoy……
- My dear Ghanaians; It’s Church, not ‘Chech’ 😳 ; Pastor, not ‘Pastar’ 😒 ; Doctor, not ‘Dactar’ 😳
- My fellow Nigerians; It’s bath, not ‘baff’.:D😄 Our currency is called Naira, not ‘narrah’.:D
- My dear Edo people; It’s argument, not ‘ajument’ 😀 My dear Yorubas; It’s Air, not ‘hair’ 🙄 Eight, not ‘hate’ 😛😌 It’s Van Persie, not ‘Fan Persin’ 😎😄
- My dear Ibadan peeps; It’s not ‘sun tissu’, it’s Sean Tizzle! 😅😆 It’s not ‘siro’ but zero!😐😑
- My dear Hausa people; It’s fifty, not ‘pipty’. :D😂 It’s people, not ‘fiffle’. 😄:D It’s five, not ‘pipe’. ☺Glo, not ‘gilo’! :):D Seriously it is ‘Tuface weds Annie Macauley’, stop saying ‘Toothpaste weds Animal calling’.😆😁😂
- My Egun people; It’s actually ‘MTN’ and not ‘NTM’!
- My dear Calabar peeps; kindly note it’s love and not ‘rurf’ 😌😝
- My Benue people; It’s not ‘Lick Loss’, it;s ‘Rick Ross’.:D😄😅
- My Igbo people; there is nothing like ‘thaaasand’, it is thousand. 😎 It is bed-sheet and not ‘bay sheet’. 🙂 And it’s thirty, not ‘thartie’! 👍 Our Lord’s prayer is actually ‘Our Father, who art in Heaven. Hallowed be thy name…’, and not ‘Our Father, look at eleven, adaobi thy name…’.”👏😴
No, we are not done! Below are additions by my loved ones and my humble self 🙂 (I edited their additions by adding my Naijanics…azzin, I had to!)
So, my cousin Omocurvy adds….. To everyone else, it’s Google…..(as spelt), azzin…..NOT Goggle, definitely NOT Gurgle 😂 It’s WhatsApp azzin “WHAT’S HAPPENING”, NOT Wassap. 😜
My Betilicious sis of life adds: It is “as in” and NOT “azzin” 😂😂😂😂 for real? Seriously? You know? Well, AZZIN, she is a joker but I still love her…..however, for those that need some English tutoring, don’t go and be Azzing yourself oooo 😜😜😜
Tosin Odubela adds: My Jos people, it is Lane and not lent; Parade and not parate 🙂 Paid and not pait! Ibadan people, It is management, and not malagement!!! Okay, Tosin is cracking my ribs! 🙂 🙂
Uncle Abayomi adds: To my Ijaw folks. Na fish no be fiss! Ouch! That actually hurts like there are some missing front teeth 😀 To my Gbongan brethren, stop mispronouncing shoot and suit!
My dear Hilary adds: Yoruba people,……it is school not sukulu…….it is Television not televisan…..it is picture, not piso…..it is trouser not tirosa…….it is filling station not fili sasan…….it is belt, not beliiti…….it is chair not sia…… 😀 Of course he isn’t happy about the calling out of Calabar fiffle #eyescovered ….. Azzin 🙂
Hilary continues: To my igbo people……it is remote not limot……it is radio not laydio……it is drug not dlug……it is rice not lice….
And please, I say: It isn’t WE-FI nor is it WIFEY, It is WiFi! Azzin…. WHY-FAI!!! 🤔 Oh! I have to add…. It is NOT MAINWHILE, it is MEANWHILE! Pheeew! Thank God I don’t hear that everyday again! 🤔 …..and MY name is VALENTINA…… NOT VALENTAINA!!!! 🙄 Can imagine my dad rolling in his grave each time my “beautiful as me” name is butchered! Pheeeew! 😜 Even my handsome and able Presido cringes 🙂
My mum’s all time favourite that crawls under her skin whenever mispronounced…….. It is MIRACLE, (mir–uh-kuh) and not MI-RA-KU!!! 🙂 🙂 ………. Azzin….. MIRACLE 🙂
And please do NOT give the excuse of English isn’t your mother tongue!
Illiteracy dem say na disease oooo! True, Inglis no be my papa language, so if I feri well know se I no sabi am too much, I no go dey pose disgrace masef! A word is enuf fur di waise!………… Azzin, is like, and then, for real? Seriously???